Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to Connect

Morning all,

I've creating a Power BI report that connects to the Common Data Service (CDS). When querying the CDS using this URL, "https://<tenant removed>.crm4.dynamics.com" I get the following error:

"The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. Error: The type Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.contact has conflicting definitions for the property <property removed>"

I've gone into the CDS and located the fields "Manager" (both with the same display name). I have since renamed one to "ManagerName" and the other remains as "Manager".

Any idea why this issue would still be occuring, is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

J

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: Unable to Connect

You may still have issues with fields called Manager and ManagerName, as CDS generates virtual fields by adding 'Name' as a suffix for lookups and option sets. Try renaming 'ManagerName' to something else to see if that's the issue

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-siky-msft,

We're trying to connec to the Common Data Service using Power BI. However I think the issue sits within the CDS, reason being, we recently upgrades from Dynamics 365 v8.2 to v9.1. I reckon, doing so caused changes to the CDS.

I'm hoping that I come across others with the same error who ideally found a workaround.

Thanks,

J

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @DavidJennaway,

We have a relationship and field both named <placeholder>_manager.

Is that likely to cause the issue?

Thanks,

J

Highlighted

hI @opticshrew2 

Just wondering if you were able to resolve this issue you reported and if so, how did you go about it?

Cheers and thanks

Sergio

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @SERGIOD ,

We recently went through a clean-up and now no longer experience this issue.

It could have been the issued stated above however I have no way of testing this.

Apologies

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,485)