cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Unable to create database in production environment

Hi all

I've read a few similar messages here but I can't find what, if any, solution has been found.

We have an Office 365 Small Business subscription which obviously includes a certain level of PowerApps access.  Back in June I went on a Microsoft training course called App In A Day and, in preparation, managed to create a new 'test' environment complete with CDS database.  I completed the course with no issues, managing to build model-driven apps etc.

However, when I try to create a CDS database in our default environment, I get the following error:

The default environment’s region ('europe') is different from your company’s Azure Active Directory home location ('unitedkingdom'). Creating a database here isn’t available.

I have tried deleting the 'test' environment so that there's only the one but it doesn't make any difference - I remain unable to create the database.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a limitation from our PowerApps subscription and do you need something in addition to the base Office 365 subscription to be able to use it?  I'm quite a novice at this and although I've searched I can't find anything clear-cut to guide me.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Unable to create database in production environment

Adding @ManasMSFT from the admin team to assist.

Thanks,
Clay.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SEESam,

Which Office 365 license do you have for your PowerApps?

Do you want to create a database within your PowerApps default environment?

Based on the error message, it seems to tell that the region of your PowerApps default environment is different from your company's Azure Active Directory home location.

Currently, you can only create a database in a Production or Trial environment, which is in the same region as your Azure AD or Office 365 tenant's home region. We are working on enabling creation of database in environments created in a different region than your tenant's home location.

Also, you currently cannot create a database in the default environment and an individual environment (created with PowerApps Community Plan).

More details about Regions within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/regions-overview#what-features-are-specific...

In addition, if you want o create a environment within PowerApps, your sign in account must have PowerApps Plan 2 license at least. If you only have PowerApps for Office 365 license on your side, you could not create an environment within PowerApps, also you could not create a CDS database within your PowerApps environment.

More details about the prerequisites for creating an environment, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/create-environment#prerequisites

More details about license and permision requirements for creating a CDS database within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/create-database#license-and-security-permis...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Kris

Thanks very much for your reply.

In answer to your questions, I think we may have two issues.  Firstly, our AAD region is set to United Kingdom whereas our PowerApps region appears to be Europe.  I'm not sure how this happened, unless it was an error I made.  In our trial environment I made a point of selecting 'United Kingdom' when creating the environment.

As for our licence, we do only have a PowerApps for Office 365 licence, although we also have a trial PowerApps Plan 2 licence.  Can I assume that this is part of the problem?

Kind regards

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,246)