cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnalogIT
Level: Powered On

Unable to retrieve owner field (CDS Connector)

As of this morning, I am unable to retrieve the owner field on entities when connected to CDS. Is anyone else experiencing this? 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to retrieve owner field (CDS Connector)

Hi @AnalogIT ,

The Onwer field and other polymorphic lookups are now (or will be in the days ahead depending on your region) avaiable with the CDS connector.  See this blog post for more details: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/owner-customer-and-regarding-for-canvas-apps/.

Did you mean that you used to be able to retrieve the owner field but now you can't? 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AnalogIT
Level: Powered On

Re: Unable to retrieve owner field (CDS Connector)

It looks like I had to rebuild the app for it to surface. The owner field wasn't available for me to use in the gallery filter. It seemed to be connected to when Poly-morphic fields were enabled in power apps. 

Can anyone help me with filtering the gallery? It looks like there needs to be a different formula now that poly-morphic lookups are enabled. I'm looking to only show the records where the logged in user is the owner of the record. I'm using this in the Item property of the gallery. 

SortByColumns(Search(Scopes, TextSearchBox1.Text, "xxxxxx_name","xxxxxxx_scopenumber"), "createdon", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending))

How do I keep that functionality and limited records where the owner is the current logged in user and still use delegation? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,497)