cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Upgrade CDS Solution - Does it effect Powerapps DesktopApp?

Hi together,

I'm facing a problem at a customer project right now. I build an app which uses CDS. I dont use the "Improved data source experience and Common Data views" since the app won't be able to show CDS data in Microsoft Powerapps DesktopApp.

Now we want to migrate the Canvasapp as well as the solution to a Test-Environment. It's easy to export/import the Canvas, but when it comes to exporting the solution, i get the message, that i'm using an old CDS (V1.0) and i need to upgrade it to V2.0. My question now is, can i just upgrade it and everything will work as it did before? Does it make a difference when i deactivated the "Improved data source experience and Common Data views"-Option in the App?

The app is live right now and is used daily by about 200 users. So it would be a worst case if i upgrade it and the app isn't working anymore.

Any suggestions here? Thought about building the solution from scratch just to be safe!?

Thanks in advance and Cheers

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

Re: Upgrade CDS Solution - Does it effect Powerapps DesktopApp?

@PowerplanUser1 

This might be a sensitive one. If it were us we'd say that we aren't sure and are concerned that the production app might stop working.

We'd either build it from scratch to be safe or ask Microsoft for help on this one, just to be on the safe side and just in case.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Upgrade CDS Solution - Does it effect Powerapps DesktopApp?

@PowerplanUser1 

I also suggest you seek help to Microsoft Support, because the upgrade has finished a long time ago, and if you didn't upgrade it, it would be disconnected and deleted. Reference: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/upgrade-your-previous-version-common-data-service-databas... 

My curiousness is that CDS2.0 upgrade is for the CDS created before March of 2018, has been finished on March 15, 2019.

If the CDS has been upgraded to CDS2.0, there is an "Upgrade" string in the environment name.

Snipaste_2020-01-17_10-30-25.png

Could you go to Admin Center to check if there is an "Upgrade now" in the environment as follows?

11.JPG

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (11,189)