cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sventepe
Regular Visitor

Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

Hi,

I'm trying to use data from our Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement in a model driven PowerApp. My steps so far:

Creation of a CDS database for the existing standard environment seems to be not supported, so I created a new "TEST" environment.

To access the CE data, I probably need to configure synchronization between the two systems. So I am trying to set up data integration between my TEST CDS and the CRM Sandbox.

I added two connections (Dynamics 365 and Common Data Service) to the environment.

When I try to create a connection set, I can select the CRM Sandbox as connection 1, but I can not select the CDS connection as a target. There are no other connections available to choose from.

What am I missing?

Is this the correct way to build a model driven app for CRM data?

Regards

Sven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

Hi @sventepe - what version of CE are you using? If you're on a V9 environment, you'll be able to access your CE environment directly from PowerApps without the need to integrate, as you can connect to your data directly.

If you're on V9 and don't see your environment in the drop down on the PowerApps portal, let us know and we can try and help out.

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

Hi @sventepe - what version of CE are you using? If you're on a V9 environment, you'll be able to access your CE environment directly from PowerApps without the need to integrate, as you can connect to your data directly.

If you're on V9 and don't see your environment in the drop down on the PowerApps portal, let us know and we can try and help out.

Thanks,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

sventepe
Regular Visitor

Hi Clay,

our update to 9.0 is planned for this month. That sounds great, thanks for the info!

Regards

Sven

Highlighted
sventepe
Regular Visitor

How do I actually connect to the data? We already got a 9.0 Sandbox running and I don't find a way to connect to that. The "Dynamics 365" connector does not allow instance selection. In the end I would need a DEV and LIVE instance of my app anyway with different datasources.

Regards

Sven 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (6,272)