cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angadsoni24
Level: Power Up

Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

Hi Team, 

I have the following scenario that encompasses both D365 CE and D365 FO (8.1) within a retail setting. The scenario is this, i can have a customer originate in CE (Commercial Customer) and one originate at MPos (Retail Customer). 

Both customers have the ability to purchase either at the Retail Store or the Commercial Store (large volume transactions). 

The approach I have in mind is to use the CDM Entity for Customer and use CDS to Integrate the data between FO & CE. 

My question is in two part: 

1. Can a CDS package move data from FO to CE for a customer that originates in FO? 

2. Can the same CDS package move data from CE to FO for a customer that originates in CE? 

This would allow the two systems to be in sync without having to using an external integration method such as Logic Apps or Data Factory or any other integration tool.

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

Adding @sabinn from the data integration team.

Thanks,
Clay.

Re: Using model driven apps with D365 Customer Engagement data - CDS integration

I thought I responded, but looks like it didn't post - 

Please use the Data Integrator (https://admin.powerapps.com) to integrate between F&O and CRM. 

Here is a link to our documenatation - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/data-integrator

HTH

Cheers

Sabinn

sabinn
angadsoni24
Level: Power Up

Hi Team, 

Thank you and we will be looking to use Integrator with CDS 2.0. If you'd like more information on how this goes please feel to reach out to me at angadsoni@hitachisolutions.com. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

Thanks Angad. Nice to hear.

We do work with quite a few folks from Hitachi Solutions. Let us know how it goes.

sabinn

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,662)