cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konrad91
Level: Powered On

Value from a drop-down to appear in an edit form

Hello,

I have an editable form connected to SQL table A that has fields: item, comment, loss_type

I also have a dropdown list connected to SQL table B - this table contains all possible loss_types that I want to assign to an item from the form.

There is nothing in common between tables A and B. 

In general what I would like to do it: I select and item, insert a comment manually (this I already have), then select the loss_type from the dropdown list and I would like the selected loss_type to appear in my form in the field loss_type so that I can submit it together with the comment. How can I acheive that?

Many thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Value from a drop-down to appear in an edit form

Hi @Konrad91 ,

I assume that the field name of the field that you want to use in table B is "Test".

Set the OnVisible property of the edit screen to:

ClearCollect(C,Distinct('[dbo].[TableB]',Test))

You can unlock the data card of  loss_type in edit form and insert a dropdown control. Set its Items property to:

C.Result

Then set the Update property of this data card to:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Value from a drop-down to appear in an edit form

Hi @Konrad91 ,

I assume that the field name of the field that you want to use in table B is "Test".

Set the OnVisible property of the edit screen to:

ClearCollect(C,Distinct('[dbo].[TableB]',Test))

You can unlock the data card of  loss_type in edit form and insert a dropdown control. Set its Items property to:

C.Result

Then set the Update property of this data card to:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.