cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pNabin
Level 8

Versioning for data in Common Data Service (CDS) data

Is there versioning available for CDS data? 

Like the versioning in Sharepoint when tuned on, is there any way CDS data keeps track of all the changes done in the records?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff EvanChakiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Versioning for data in Common Data Service (CDS) data

Yes, you can enable auditing in CDS. Here is a link on auditing and how to enable it. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg309664.aspx

pNabin
Level 8

@EvanChakiMSFT,

What kind of permission do the user need to have in order to view/change these settings? Do we need to go to dynamics 365 or we can change settings from powerapps? I don't see anything like change settings for auditing underneath:  Power Apps > Data > Entities > (entity ).

Yahya
Level 10

Thanks @EvanChakiMSFT, So, after it has been enabled, how simply those auditing can be seen?

Yahya
Level 10

Okay there is the Audit Summary View that shows all audit, I thought I can see this inside the record of an entity, somehow..

Now The data in Audit Summary View should be saved in a System entity, is it?

PowerApps Staff EvanChakiMSFT
PowerApps Staff

There are two ways to see the audit logs:

1. If you are in your CDS site can you go to "Settings", then "Auditing" then "Audit summary view" to look at some user level info
  2. If you are on a record and using the web interface (Not UCI) then you can click on the record name in the header and if Auditing is enabled you will see a item called "Audit History" click there to view all of the change history for that item
BrianSlalomMS
Level: Powered On

EvanChakiMSFT said:

"2. If you are on a record and using the web interface (Not UCI) then you can click on the record name in the header and if Auditing is enabled you will see a item called "Audit History" click there to view all of the change history for that item"

---

I can't find what you are referring to here. What is 'UCI' and what page of the web interface is this on? Can you explain how to get there and/or show a screen shot?

If I can get to the page perhaps I will see what you mean by 'click on a record name in the header ...'.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 95 members 5,133 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: