cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

View: Column Value as Hyperlink?

If I add the primary field of an entity as column to the view (e.g. first column) this column is always handled as link.
As a result the user can open the appropriate document via a single click in the first column.

If I don't want to add the primary field to the view the user can't open the document as usual. He has to double click the record.

So, is it possible to add this "primary field column" behaviour to a normal field column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: View: Column Value as Hyperlink?

No, unfortunately you can't do this; only the primary field column works this way. Is there a reason why you don't want to have the primary field column in the view ?

It is quite common to use a workflow to populate the primary field column based on others to give a useful name that can be used (you can't use a calculated field for this, as the primary field column cannot be a calculated field)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

No, unfortunately you can't do this; only the primary field column works this way. Is there a reason why you don't want to have the primary field column in the view ?

It is quite common to use a workflow to populate the primary field column based on others to give a useful name that can be used (you can't use a calculated field for this, as the primary field column cannot be a calculated field)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @DavidJennaway for clarification.

In my case the primary field is made up of 3 different other field values (calculated using a plugin).

It seemed better to me to show these 3 fields individually in the view (e.g. sorting) and to do that without the primary field (redundancy)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,681)