cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

data source with relationships

Hi

Hope anyone can help. Setup a loop using the timer (which would change a forms details and update the form on each timer pass), for example now I can add and an entry into an entity eg teacher and then specify that teacher has X number of male students and X number of female Students .

This would then automatically add (X+X) records in the student entity and assign gender accordingly .

At first I created a one to many relationship in Power BI but this had limitations/issues around summing up lookup values (also used).

I then looked at creating a one to many relationship between my entities (within the entities themselves) but when I tried to add this relationship to a form that I could update with my loop in the same way, I cant figure how to add/update the relationship field automatically. If I add a field from the relationship to a form it becomes a drop-down and I cant default or change it unless manually selecting.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: data source with relationships

Hi figured it out, thanks for anyone who was looking, turns out I could patch it with the relationship field being a simple lookup.

Who knew it was just that simple.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi figured it out, thanks for anyone who was looking, turns out I could patch it with the relationship field being a simple lookup.

Who knew it was just that simple.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for your follow up on the solution to your issue here. It can be very helpful to other communities members so I do appreciate it. Here is a little more information if you would like to learn more, feel free to take a look. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020 Winner Announced

Check it out!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (11,679)