Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vvk
Level: Powered On

outlook calendar meetings issue

Hi

I am trying to get calendar meetings which ended until current localtime. I am collecting 1 week old meetings and collecting top 200. Below is the formula. I dont see todays meetings and sometimes i see todays meeting but not all meetings. I see some kind of time conversion issue. Any suggestions would be helpful

Filter(Office365.V4CalendarGetItems(varCalendarID,{'$top':500}).value,DateTimeValue(start)>=Today()-7 && DateTimeValue(end) <=Now()),"start",Descending)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: outlook calendar meetings issue

The Now function returns current date and time, that's why you sometimes see some of the calendar items, because it depends what time you run the query. use the Today  function instead, and change your formula to < DateAdd(Today(),1) this will make sure that your items are less than tomorrow 12:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

The Now function returns current date and time, that's why you sometimes see some of the calendar items, because it depends what time you run the query. use the Today  function instead, and change your formula to < DateAdd(Today(),1) this will make sure that your items are less than tomorrow 12:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

vvk

Thanks for solution. It solved almost except in one scenario. Reason i was using Now() not to retrieve meeting which was current happening. With your solution i was able to get meetings which were missing and also seeing meeting currently happening. Any other way of excluding meeting which did not end based on current time.

Thanks

Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

and if you need to see the appointment up to current time (Date and Time), you need to convert the datetime from UTC to your current time. The outlook connector, returns all dates in UTC format. you can change them to the user local time:

my items are in a Gallery, that's why I'm using ThisItem.

DateAdd(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.start), -TimeZoneOffset(DateTimeValue(ThisItem.start)), Minutes)

vvk

Thanks for idea and driving me in correct path. i kept below formula and it seems to be working. i still have to do extensive testing but results seems to be promising

DateAdd( Now(), TimeZoneOffset(), Minutes)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 233 members 5,071 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: