I see there is a field called "owner" in an entity.
what is this stand for?
a record in an entity can be owned by a team or an user.
can someone explain what does that mean?
if record owner is a USER then it can be editable only by that user??
if the record owner is a TEAM then it can be editable by only team members?
Hi @Inpriya01 ,
Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with the Owner field in CDS Entity.
Firstly, the Owner field is a System field in CDS Entity, the Owner field would be populated automatically by CDS System based on current user who create the record in the Entity. E.G. If User A create a record in a Entity, the Owner filed would be populated with User A automatically. If a Team member A create a record in a Entity, the Owner field would be populated with Team Member A automatically.
Note: When we create a record within a CDS Entity, we could not specify a value for the Owner filed manually, the Owner field would be populated automatically by CDS System.
In addition, the Owner field in CDS Entity is also a Polymorphic lookup type field, which could reference record value from Users Entity or Teams Entity.
Please check the following article for more details:
Actually, whether or not a user (or a team) could edit a record in a Entity is based on which CDS Entity permission (corresponding CDS Security Role) has been assigned to this user (or this team), rather than based on what is the Owner field value.
Note: The Owner field value could be modified, please refer to here for more details.
More details about CDS Security Roles supported within PowerApps, please check the following article:
thank you for the explanation.
But I didnt udnerstand the business usage of it.
basically my requirement is,
1. we have an entity called - CUSTOMER
2. we have two user roles, requester & approver( Requester A, Requester B, Requester C)
3. whenever a requester modifies any record, a FLOW need to be triggered. Requester A make some changes in the record sumbit the request.
4. now that record must be locked for editing and only approvers have access to modify it
5. If approver SENDBACK the task for any rework then the record must be avialable for editing only for requester A(requester B, C and approvers shoudl not be allowed to change it)
I dont know how to achieve this in CDS. was wondering if Owner field can help me to handle this scenairo.
Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!
Check out whats happening in Power Apps
FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021