Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

record version for entity

Hi,
I want to maintain version of records for CDS entity. multiple rows can exists for one chemical in chemical entity.

suppose, I have one chemical entity and want to store always new records in chemical entity whenever any columns gets update of entity and also want to check in future for which column changes is done in current row. for example in second row I updated chemical type and third row I update review date.

Is it possible to show versioning on entity level for each row?

Please let me know how I can use in canvas app.

Regards,

Lalit Kadam

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: record version for entity

Hi @Lalit_Kadam

Have you looked at out-of-the-box auditing on CDS entity? That would give you an audit of old value, new value, date time and user who updates the record. That can be a viable no-code option instead of building that whole capability.

More info on out-of-the-box auditing: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/developer/manage-data

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

I go through the below link. and found auditing is available. have some more query on same.

1. Is this auditing option show different between both row(Previous row and current row) changes? like preview column chemical name was Menthole now in current "Menthole _1" updated.
2.  Enable auditing option is available in power app when I click on Entities column name "Enable Auditing".
3. Is any other way to do in power app.

4. As mentioned in below link need to enable auditing option on (organization, entity and attribute level). can you please tell me how we can set on organization and entity level too?

Please give me steps to apply auditing change on entity in power app.

Regards,

Lalit Kadam

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

See below my comments corresponding to your questions. Hope this helps...

1. If I understand your question correctly, yes that is it. It logs/saves the previous value and the new value every time the field of the entity changes.
  2. Yes, you'll need to enable at the environment/org wide, then you'll need to select the entity within the environment and also you'll need to specify which fields within the entity you wish to audit. This give you granular control so that you don't audit your whole database and potentially increase size and performance impact for nothing.
    1. To enable at environment level: in Power Platform Admin (https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com), select your env, then click on "Settings" on the top menu. Expand "Audit and logs" and click on "Audit settings". Make sure "Start Auditing" is checked.
    2. To enable the entity and its fields: At the same place, in "Audit and logs" and click on "Entity and field audit settings". In the new window, click on the entity in the left treeview and make sure "auditing" is checked. For the fields, expand the entity in the treeview, click on "Fields" and open the required fields and make sure "Auditing" is enabled  (you can bulk edit the fields).
  3. 4. See previous answer #2

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,948)