Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

unable to see any existing teams while assigning ateam to a record

Hello,

I have created AAD group ( Mail Enabled Security Group ) team "GT 1" in the CDS environment.

As an owner of the record, I am trying to assign a record to "GT 1" via ms docs

However, after changing type "Users or Team" , I do not see any "Teams" records in the dropdown, while it only shows existing business units.

Can any one please let me know what is the concern? Why I am unable to see any existing teams while assigning ateam to a record?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: unable to see any existing teams while assigning ateam to a record

Hi @dave8,

That is because the AAD team is not synced into CDS and you only see the default Business Unit teams. There are a few more steps to get AAD teams into CDS. Here are the steps from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-teams#create-a-group-team

Also make sure you assign a security role (Member's privilege inheritance to Direct User) to that team in CDS after you created it with the group Object ID.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Re: unable to see any existing teams while assigning ateam to a record

so here is the issue--the view that is used by the assign to user/team uses the owner team view. so what you need to do is change the view in the lookup for teams and change to AAD group teams. then you will see the teams when assigning.

group.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,023)