Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

use Azure function with images from CDS

I hope somebody can help me and Im not using the wrong section 🙂

Im trying to implement my Azure function to PowerApps. The function combines two images which are located in my azure storage.

this is already working with static items from my own azure data storage. and now im trying to implement it to my powerapps with this tutorial 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/de-de/blog/using-azure-functions-in-powerapps/

I want to Run my Azure function like in this tutorial 

AzureFunction.RunThis(Input1:ThisItem.image1, Input2:PictureBox.Image; Output:ThisItem.OUTputfield)

I  Think I need a little fine tuning on my C# Azure Function itself and I need to setup a json.

This is how I call my function at the moment

[FunctionName("ConvertMe")]
        public async static Task RunASync([HttpTrigger(AuthorizationLevel.Function, "get", "post", Route = null)] HttpRequest req,
         [Blob("test", FileAccess.ReadWrite)] CloudBlobContainer blobContainer,
            [Blob("test/out3.png", FileAccess.ReadWrite)] CloudBlockBlob outputBlob, ILogger log)

I need this function because common data service still cant handle transparency and this is my workaround. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: use Azure function with images from CDS

Hi @Macwin ,

Could you tell me your data source?

I'm afraid there's no connector has this kind of function:

AzureFunction.RunThis(Input1:ThisItem.image1, Input2:PictureBox.Image; Output:ThisItem.OUTputfield)

What's more, if you want to use json, you could try this formula:

JSONDataStructure [, Format ] )

Then the data in the data source will be transfer to json.

Tables, records, and primitive values are supported, arbitrarily nested.

Here's a doc about this function for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-json

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: use Azure function with images from CDS

Yeah. I know there isnt a connector for this. Thats why Im going to build a custom connector/api like in this linked tutorial from my first post.

My datasource is actually a picturebox and a peninput. And I want to upload with my connector/api (which composite this two images) to a cds image field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,935)