cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stephenJames
Level 8

New Name (Power Automate) Thoughts

Im not sure what other peoples thoughts are but i wanted to express that Microsoft to me doesn't appear to be doing well in the names department. 

While i understand the need for the word "Power" to keep it inline with the power platform. Couldn't it have been kept with flow i.e Power Flow maybe, or something other than "Power Automate."

You get into the habit of telling people "hey i can build a flow for that", but now you have to say "Hey i can build an automate for that". Doesn't have the same ring

They kinda did the same thing with teams and Skype for business. Before it was "Hey, let me Skype you the details", or "I will Skype you later". Now its turned into "Hey, let me Teams you the details", or "I will Teams you later".

I for one am not a fan of the new name and feel that they could have done better. 

What are your Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Name (Power Automate) Thoughts

Hey, @stephenJames!

Thanks so much for posting on the Power Automate Community! We value and appreciate your feedback!

Please navigate to: http://PowerAutomate.com and see that there has been plenty of Flow verbiage kept in the UI.

Please check out the "Power Automate Ideas" board to vote for and post new product update/feature ideas!

Again, thanks for being an active community member! (It will always be Microsoft Flow in my heart!)

Cheers!

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,455)