cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeyclass
Level: Power Up

Re: New PowerApps and Flow Licensing coming October 1, 2019

The new licensing model has also really put a stop to current projects developed in our +100 person department, in a +40.000 person company where we where a pilot project. Very unfortunate.

pulsebeat
Level: Powered On

What?  Your company is not willing to pay nearly $20,000,000/year so that people can use "citizen developer" apps to do things like, you know, sign up for courses and track whose turn it is to bring in the Friday donuts? What's wrong with your leadership!   

JohnP
Level 8

The new pricing model does not scale well. Organizations may have thousands of *potential* or *occasional* users for any given app. Forcing licenses on all of them is not fair. The total silence from MS is not very surprising, but still disturbing.

WillEdz

This is starting to feel a bit like the moment when Microsoft sent out the message that Access Web Apps was being shut down. That caused a major wobble. The answer from Microsoft was rebuild all your stuff in PowerApps its great and free.... here we are a relatively short while later and the message is "Thanks for rebuilding everything (at your cost) - but since you have its time to pay again - but this time we are really going to make you pay - and we mean pay allot each month"

The questions and raised eyebrows that are being fired towards me are not good. 

Label1.Text="Your"

Label2.Text="Fired"

Text(Label1.Text, " ", Label2.Text)

Highlighted
pulsebeat

I prefer the string concatenation operator.

Set(varFirstPart, "I'm screwed.  Good time to");

Set(varSecondPart, "retire")

varFirstPart & " " & varSecondPart

Considering the utter lack of response from MS on some very genuine concern from the community (not even a "sorry guys but that's that") I'd say there's still some issue with the Communication connector :winking_face:

Notify("Hello world ?", NotificationType.Warning);

WillEdz

Careful you might need to upgrade to a $40 a month per user if you use variables :smirking_face:

robinlotz

Office 365 E5 (Skype (with Phone call );Teams;Power BI Pro;Word;
Excel;Sharepoint;Outlook;OneDrive;PowerPoint;OneNote...) = 35$/user/month

Power Apps "Unlimited" (with ur own dev team / application maintenance team + licensing for ur cloud data base on AZURE ofc ) = 40$/user/month

Just saying...
The pricing before the update of the premium SQL connector was ok ...

Just saw the MS Ignite presentation on Power Apps licensing. Boy that made me sad... 

Once there was beautiful platform full of potential. Then one day, the Licensing fairy came and cast a wicked spell on her...

The end.

strategery
Level 8

I learned of this via pop-up when a user was trying to start an app. So my questions are

1) Is it apps created before Oct 1 that get the grace period or published before Oct 1?

2) Can we safely ignore this pop-up or is it indicative the app will be rendered useless soon?

Just my 2 cents.

I've been a contributor on the forums and helped others, spent many hours developing my own skills on this product. We already pay an Office365 subscription. When "on-premises" sources were deemed premium, I thought "well, it kinda makes sense...payback for developing the gateway, etc.". I convinced them to get Azure SQL by subscription, made sense, an easy sell.  Now this feels like the rug has been pulled from under us. So we pay for Office365, we pay for Azure SQL, and you want to charge more to bridge the gap? Is Microsoft trying to kill this product?  I'll be moving away from PowerApps if nothing changes, simply for the fact I can't provide solutions without the worry somewhere down the road taxes will be added to it. I'm a developer, not a salesman.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,943)