cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel1
Regular Visitor

I cannot register nor sign up to the community with my gmail-account.

Hey Microsoft,

this is my work account. Your website does not let me register or sign up to the community with my private Microsoft account. I can use flow okay, but whenever I click the "Register" or "Sign Up" link in the upper left of your communities, I get immediately redirected to https://powerusers.microsoft.com.

I tried Firefox, Chrome, even Edge. I used private browsing to be sure that I begin with zero cookies who might bork my sign up attempt. Nothing.

Please help me resolv this issue!

Daniel

22 REPLIES 22

Hi TiborE,

Unfortunately I have no answer for this. Hope @Daniel1 can shed some light on this?

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
Daniel1
Regular Visitor

Somehow my email settings have been reverted, although I got the confirmation link and confirmed the change. I am not logged in again with my work account.

I still am unable to log in properly. I can enter my password okay. I even get the confirmation request on my phone (ding dong) which I accept. Then I get redirected back to https://powerusers.microsoft.com.

From there on both, registering and signing in results in being directly taken back to https://powerusers.microsoft.com. Cat Mad

I have to completely delete all cookies to be able to at least see the login page again. (Which I usually do by just switching to InPrivate browsing and trying it there.)

Thanks for your prompt reply @Daniel1. As I mentioned earlier this is something I can't help you with. Hopefully site administrator will have a look at this and resolve it for you.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Daniel1
Regular Visitor

@abm Of course, I have an interest in getting started with my Gmail account, too. 🙂

> Hopefully site administrator will have a look at this and resolve it for you.

I hope so, too Heart

abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @Daniel1 & @TiborE,

Found the community team details. Please see below link.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Community/Meet-the-Microsoft-Flow-Community-Team/...

@mackenzie_lyng  is the community administrator. Hope she could help you guys.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Daniel1
Regular Visitor

Do you know if I am able to write her a message? Or will @mackenzie_lyng get a notification if I @-ping her? Or maybe I will know soon enough Smiley Very Happy

It's worth a try @Daniel1 and you might get some help Smiley Happy

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Daniel1
Regular Visitor

Seriously, is no one (I am looking at you, Microsoft) going to help us with this issue? Very disappointing!

JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to give you all an update on this!

Prevously our sign in mechanism would allow you to register for the Flow service but not the Flow community.. the Flow Community was using SSO (Single Sign on) which didnt allow for gmail, yahoo, etc, type accounts.

We have noticed the limitation to this and we are ACTIVELY working to correct this!

I will update you guys again in a couple weeks as to the progress of this item, as we want to allow for everyone to be able to use the community and all the benefits it offers.

Thanks!

- Jon 

View solution in original post

JonL
Power Participant
Power Participant

Still waiting on a fix for this one. Just wanted to update everyone once more..

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,546)