cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Limits on Private Messages to other Users?

I received this message about a week ago when trying to reply to a private message to help another user:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

This is "AWESOME" that there's zero indication of what the limit is or for how long. I can only find this one similar thread in the Power BI community where a resolution is not clear. The only thing there that appeared to work was using a different computer. It would be far more helpful if the message gave more info on the limits and/or how to fix it. 

@JCM_iTalent was on that thread so tagging here in case there is a known solution more than what was listed  in the referenced thread.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@vwyankee - Thank you for reaching out to us.   

Please go through the following steps to see if it helps:

1. Clear your browser cache
  2. Refresh your page
  3. Try again
  4. If this doesn't work, grab a screenshot.

If you are still not able to send a private message, try in an incognito/private window to see if you are able to. If this doesn't work, grab a screenshot.
If you still are not able to send a private message, try another browser. If this doesn't work, grab a screenshot.
If you are still unable to send a private message and have access to another computer, try another machine. If this doesn't work, grab a screenshot.
If the above steps don't help and you still aren't able to send a private message, please provide the following information so we can open a case with the platform vendor:

• What type of machine are you using? (PC or Mac) - be sure to mention if you tried on other machines and if so, what type.
  • What OS?
  • What browser are you using or have you tried?

All of these steps will help to narrow down the issue. It's much easier to try each suggestion I have listed upfront, because these are the troubleshooting steps our platform vendor will come back with.

Thank you,

Heather

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@vwyankee - Could you also let me know if when this happened if you were sending multiple messages within a short amount of time?  

Highlighted

I was able to send messages again after clearing cache, but had tried that a day or two prior and it didn't work so it's not the full-proof answer. 

I was sending (roughly) one or two messages every 2-3 days, but never more than two in 1 day and hardly ever even two in 2 days time.

Highlighted

I just got the same error on my very next private message I tried to send. I hadn't sent any since the last test one I reported. Clearing my browser cache fixed it but that is a bit ridiculous that I need to do that EACH time I send a private message.

Highlighted

@vwyankee  - Thank you for letting us know.  We are going to look into this and will let you know if we have a solution or need any more information. 

Thank you,

Heather

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

@vwyankee  - Per our conversations it sounds like everything is working for you.   

Please let us know if you need anything else.  You can always reach out to us here in the Community Feedback board.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (11,439)