cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Mark private messages as "read" & where is the button for a direct reply to a private message?

Hello community,

I have currently received a private message here in the forum. But I don't have a button where I can mark the message as "read", nor do I have a button where I can reply to the writer directly.

Do I have to adjust something here?

Best regards

RoScha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RoScha,

Please click on the message subject. For example, in below screenshot Test is the message subject which will lead me to individual message with Reply option.

Kinjal_iTalent_1-1608728023214.png

In your messages, you should click on Re: Properties of controls in Power Apps

Kinjal_iTalent_2-1608728076481.png

Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Administrator
Administrator

Hello,

Thank you @RoScha   for reaching out to us.  At this time there is not a way to mark messages as read.  You will be able to identify read and unread messages by the purple bar on the side of the message shows an unread and when there is no bar then that means it has been read.

Kinjal_iTalent_0-1608041353543.png

Then once you open the message you should see the reply button is in the bottom right corner of the message. You can click on this and it will reply to the sender sending you the direct message.

Kinjal_iTalent_2-1608041466407.png

Please let us know if you have any questions/comments!

Regards,

Kinjal

Hi@Kinjal_iTalent 

you show these buttons on the second screen. I expected that too, but I just don't have it.

See my screen.

RoScha_0-1608061003554.png

I can't do anything on the screen except to write a new message.
What is my problem with me? Does that have anything to do with my current user status? An idea?

Best regards

RoScha

Hello @RoScha,

Please click on the message subject. For example, in below screenshot Test is the message subject which will lead me to individual message with Reply option.

Kinjal_iTalent_1-1608728023214.png

In your messages, you should click on Re: Properties of controls in Power Apps

Kinjal_iTalent_2-1608728076481.png

Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (99,135)