cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpamReceipient

Spammers / Scammers using microsoft@powerapps.com to further their efforts

Over the last few days I have observed emails coming from microsoft@powerapps.com, these are in my case clearly spam emails, but I have found other blogs, etc reporting extortion, etc. 

PowerApps.jpg

I did what I think Microsoft suggests, and reported to https://msrc.microsoft.com/report/abuse

Response from cert@microsoft.com

Case Closure Notification

Case information

SIRXXXX3542

This message is to notify you that the Computer Emergency Response Team has reviewed your reported issue and has actioned it appropriately.

The activity reported is associated with a customer account within the Microsoft Azure service. Microsoft Azure provides a cloud computing platform in which customers can deploy their own software applications. Customers, not Microsoft, control what applications are deployed on their account.

The specific details of this case will not be provided in accordance with our customer privacy policy. Microsoft is continuously refining its systems to detect and prevent abuse of its online services. For more information about Microsoft Azure, visit https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us.

So Microsoft, by their response, seems to just brush this off as being customer controlled without being concerned by the nature of what the customer is doing.

Questions:

1. Does using the Microsoft unsubscribe link block emails from powerapps ? Does it share the email address with the spammer / scammer ?

2. Why isn't Microsoft reacting properly to can-spam violations ? I believe it is acting as an ISP in this matter.

3. Why is it so hard to get help ?

4. Why doesn't the mail connector have a 'report abuse' link automatically inserted to help with this ?

I have at least 4 or 5 samples of this type of spam ( which is actually a scam as they have folks win a free i-pad or something if they pay the shipping and enter their credit card details )

It seems that powerapps sends emails from microsoft@powerapps.com, some of these seem to be can-spam violations and I wonder if Microsoft isn't taking on some liability for the emails being sent on what seems to be "their" email.

This attitude of we just provide the means, the customer does what they will, seems irresponsible and unfortunate...

What do you think ?

1 REPLY 1
heaher_italent
Administrator
Administrator

@SpamReceipient  - Thank you for making us aware of this, I will share it with the team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,151)