cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilu989
Level: Powered On

Acquire the data from excel to SharePoint list and filter one item for output but blank field between the each field.

Hi Everyone,

The data acquisition from SharePoint list and sort by one field, because I use the unique key(No: 1,2,3......) for the identification of the ordering the update/create rows, and choice one column to the Excel file(use Filter array), but the issue is the "blank field" were between those rows after the update or create(show as below rows 72~84), do you have any idea to avoid the blank field?

Inkedblank Picture_LI.jpg

My flow scheme as below:

Condition2: @equals(length(body('Get_items_8')?['value']),0)

InkedSpace avoid_Capture_LI.jpg

Regards,

ilu989

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Acquire the data from excel to SharePoint list and filter one item for output but blank field between the each field.

Hi @ilu989 ,

Could you share the full screenshots of the Flow configuration?

Where is Add a row into a table action?

It seems that it was executed multiple times, and in fact, all the field values are empty, so there are a lot of empty lines.

Please provide more details.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ilu989

Re: Acquire the data from excel to SharePoint list and filter one item for output but blank field between the each field.

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Finally, I find the solution to avoid the space between the data when update SharePoint list to excel process, I refer to below written:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-Update-Sharepoint-List-using-an-Excel-List...

You already have the way to finished this issue, thank you very much:

• Use Filter array to filter out eligible items without configuring Filter Query.
  • Then use length() function to calculate the length of Filter array-body.

22.PNG

Regards,

ilu989

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ilu989 ,

Could you share the full screenshots of the Flow configuration?

Where is Add a row into a table action?

It seems that it was executed multiple times, and in fact, all the field values are empty, so there are a lot of empty lines.

Please provide more details.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ilu989

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for the response, the completed scheme show as follow photos and it includes the action of the rows input in SharePoint list, I use condition YES/No with the expression: empty(body('Get_items')?['value'])= true and Get item Filter Query=Title eq 'No' to make whole excel(1) worksheet create or update in SharePoint list, and the Title=No is ordered by 1,2,3,4,5.....by each excel rows's first column.....

After that, run the Filter array 3 to choice what column I need(Vendor code=true) and update it to another excel(2) file, the issue in here is the update data just follow the "No" of the SharePoint list order and convert to the new excel worksheet, the explanation as following:

SharePoint list:

No    Vendor code

1        AAA

2        AAA

3        BBB

4        BBB

5        AAA

6        CCC

7        AAA

Filter array 3 : Vendor code=AAA and Convert to the new excel(2):

1        AAA

2        AAA

3        blank

4        blank

5        AAA

6        blank

7        AAA

I would like to remove the blank row in the new excel(2), is it possible?

1        AAA

2        AAA

5        AAA

7        AAA

InkedCapture_LI.jpgInkedSpace avoid_Capture_LI.jpg

Regards,

ilu989

ilu989

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

Finally, I find the solution to avoid the space between the data when update SharePoint list to excel process, I refer to below written:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-Update-Sharepoint-List-using-an-Excel-List...

You already have the way to finished this issue, thank you very much:

• Use Filter array to filter out eligible items without configuring Filter Query.
  • Then use length() function to calculate the length of Filter array-body.

22.PNG

Regards,

ilu989

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 219 members 5,244 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: