cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Column to SQL table but not showing in flow.

Hi All,

Apologies as this is probably something very easy but I can't for the life of me find it.

I've created a flow which connects to an azure sql database successfully, It creates records and updates them. I've added another column to the SQL table but the column is not showing in flow. It's just a varchar(50) column. Is there a button to update the schema of the table so it shows as a parameter in the sql update action on flow please? Don't fancy recreating the whole sql part of flow everything I add a new column lol.

Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bkrlee1,

When testing this issue with SQL Server on-premises, the newly added columns could be synced to the flow after refreshing the browser.

Could you try to refresh the browser or wait for a moment to sync the table changes?

I guess it might be a sync issue.

Please let me know if you are still having the issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft @bkrlee1 

I'm dealing with a similar issue as well, however with deleted columns from a SQL table.

I've deleted columns from a table in an on-premises SQL Server database, and the updated columns are not disappearing in the flow. This is while I'm using the SQL Server "Insert Rows V2" connector.

Is this a known issue? How long should a sync take to occur?

Regards,

Lisa

Advocate I
Advocate I

I've been having this same issue for a few months. Recreating the connection to our on-prem gateway certainly does fix things, but that's becoming more of a hassle as we build out more Flows. Is there any update on this issue @v-yamao-msft @v-bacao-msft?

Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello,

I have encountered this very issue as well with an traditional SQL database. I added columns after creating my connection and they do not show up. After recreating my connection, the new columns showed up. Prior to that, I refreshed my browser and toggled between different SQL connections to no avail.

Posting this in the hopes it'll get some attention as this issue does not seem to be resolved thus far. 

Regular Visitor

I'm having this problem too, surprised nearly 2 years later, this bug hasn't been fixed. 

Frequent Visitor

When I switch connections to a new connection (on prem data via data gateway), I can see the updated table with added columns. But, when I switch back to the connection I need, the added columns disappear. So this looks like a caching issue.

This is annoying and counter productive. It is totally normal during dev to change a SQL table. We cannot wait forever for the changes to come back in Power Automate. Fix it please!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,932)