Apologies as this is probably something very easy but I can't for the life of me find it.
I've created a flow which connects to an azure sql database successfully, It creates records and updates them. I've added another column to the SQL table but the column is not showing in flow. It's just a varchar(50) column. Is there a button to update the schema of the table so it shows as a parameter in the sql update action on flow please? Don't fancy recreating the whole sql part of flow everything I add a new column lol.
When testing this issue with SQL Server on-premises, the newly added columns could be synced to the flow after refreshing the browser.
Could you try to refresh the browser or wait for a moment to sync the table changes?
I guess it might be a sync issue.
Please let me know if you are still having the issue.
I'm dealing with a similar issue as well, however with deleted columns from a SQL table.
I've deleted columns from a table in an on-premises SQL Server database, and the updated columns are not disappearing in the flow. This is while I'm using the SQL Server "Insert Rows V2" connector.
Is this a known issue? How long should a sync take to occur?
I have encountered this very issue as well with an traditional SQL database. I added columns after creating my connection and they do not show up. After recreating my connection, the new columns showed up. Prior to that, I refreshed my browser and toggled between different SQL connections to no avail.
Posting this in the hopes it'll get some attention as this issue does not seem to be resolved thus far.
When I switch connections to a new connection (on prem data via data gateway), I can see the updated table with added columns. But, when I switch back to the connection I need, the added columns disappear. So this looks like a caching issue.
This is annoying and counter productive. It is totally normal during dev to change a SQL table. We cannot wait forever for the changes to come back in Power Automate. Fix it please!
This issue is still happening. Tried changing few columns as well as datatypes for couple of them but still the flow is having earlier schema info and failing due to incompatibility. Have tried refreshing browser, opening in new incognito window etc. but still issue persists. Have to wait to while as of now to see the changes getting reflected in the flow which is pretty annoying 😞
I was able to get the connector to refresh my table's metadata by dropping the table, refreshing power automate (table disappeared) and then refreshing the connector and reselecting the connector. However, it took a while (30 minutes or so) before the table showed up in PA again.
I have not tried it but I assume that copying the table into a new table and dropping the old should also work and allow you copy your data back once PA is working again.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.
Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.