cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guillaume_Ki
Frequent Visitor

Are Embedded connection equivalent to "Acting as" for owners ?

Hi.

I have a PowerApps-triggered Flow with :

- an Embedded connection to SharePoint

- an Http Request to SPO API's action

The flow runs smoothly when I use the account from the connection but not from the other owner account i get a 502 error.

I though the connexion was shared between them but it does not seems to grant access to specific ressources though.

Is it suppose to acte this way ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JatinSanghvi
Power Automate
Power Automate

Not all connections can be shared to other users. SharePoint connector require an OAuth connection, which cannot be shared. Connections for most of API Key based connectors e.g. Azure Table Storage are share-able.

Hi @Guillaume_Ki , you will need to explicitly give permissions to the SharePoint resource to the other user, so that they can use the shared Flow using their credentials.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChristianAbata
Super User II
Super User II

hi @Guillaume_Ki 500 error is a bad response from your servide API, so please try to do test with your api first with a program like Postman

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

@Guillaume_Ki The Error code is 502 - Bad Gateway,

I assume you getting an error when you do Http Request to SPO API's action. Is my assumption right?

If it is correct, The bad gateway error happens when you try to push invalid data into a SharePoint list item or document. So before you send the data, you need to make sure that your data is valid\correct. Log the data to the compose action and verify it before you send it to SharePoint.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Guillaume_Ki
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks you for your answers.

The thing is the flow works when i use the owner/creator of the flow, because he has acces to the list, but not the other owner (the one i shared the flow with) because he does not have access on the list.

I though that shared connexion inside a flow meant that users will use the owner connexion (access and rights).

Regards,

Guillaume.

JatinSanghvi
Power Automate
Power Automate

Not all connections can be shared to other users. SharePoint connector require an OAuth connection, which cannot be shared. Connections for most of API Key based connectors e.g. Azure Table Storage are share-able.

Hi @Guillaume_Ki , you will need to explicitly give permissions to the SharePoint resource to the other user, so that they can use the shared Flow using their credentials.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (47,880)