I'm doing a flow in two steps where I call an API in the first step and then notifying the user in the second step.
I'm triggering the flow from a PowerApp.
I need four parameters sent into the flow, three parameters for the api call, and one parameter (the user email) for sending the notification to the PowerApp.
In the first steg I'm creating the values with "Ask in PowerApps".
In the second step I'm creating the value for the recepients with "Ask in PowerApps".
When I look into the PowerApps section in "Dynamic Content" I can see all four parameters.
When I try to use the Flow in my PowerApp I only se the three parameters that I asked for in the first step. Is this a limitation or a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Unfortunate my browser are in swedish, but I'll try to visualize it in the pics below.
As you can see I have all four params in "Ask in PowerApps" section in Flow, but I can only see three params in my PowerApp.
When testing this issue with a simple flow, I found that Recipients item doesn’t need a value from PowerApps. Please check the following screenshot. I found that only the Message field need a value from PowerApps.
I assume that when adding the flow to a button on PowerApps, we don’t need to specify a value for the Recipients item field.
You could try to run the flow to see if it will work.
Try testing in a more complex flow. I do not have access to user email variable in my flow, unless I send it as a parameter when I call the flow.
You have two big differences in your example that makes it work.
1: You call the Send message function directly from the powerapp. I call a flow from my PowerApp.
2: My RecepientsItem-1 parameter is null.
I am also facing this issue for the last 2 days. We have been using the same Microsoft Flow for the last 3 months without any issues. But starting Monday, that flow is throwing the error. We have recreated the Microsoft Flow, but still, the parameter is not getting accepted.
I think this is bug in the product itself. Hope Microsoft team is reading this.
I have the same issue:( I have been using the same Flow for the last 2 months without any issues with three parameters. Today I add fourth paramater, and now in PowerApp i see only one.
In my opinion something is wrong in flow's. I want to ask for four parameters in flow, but after reopen flow edit i see only one.
I'm having the issue... Just posted another thread about it. Bottom line is... if your flow is currently working...
DO NOT SAVE IT!!!
It seems that if it is working, it will continue to work. If you save it, your flow will drop parameters.
I have similar issue since couple days ago.
I added some "Initialize variable" actions at the top of the flow, then ask the parameters in these actions instead of asking it directly on the actual field that needed it.
On the actual field, we can just use the variable.
It's working fine on my case, hope it's useful for anyone who needs a quick workaround.
I had better luck tonight. I deleted the missing "Ask From Powerapps" items from the flow, saved, then readded them, and saved again. THen removed the flow from powerapps, and readded it. That got it working again. I did nte same thing a few hours ago and it did NOT work. So, it seems something has been resolved.
Yes, it works!
However, if I add a new action ([SharePoint] Create item) then add some new parameters, it doesn't work unless I delete the new parameters then re-add the parameters again.
Are you having this issue as well?
Yes, totally as you said. It just gave me the same error stating that only the parameters that defined at beginning should be used or simply "No new parameters please":).
Because of that, I had to use triggerbody() function in Expression to give exactly the same name used at the beginning to the variable and then added it to initalize variable step. But finally it worked for me.
Thanks again. 🙂
What worked for me was editing the flow, deleting the parameter... save... re-add the "Ask in Powerapps" parameter, save.
Then do the remove/readd in Powerapps.
Everything showed, but the order was different, so I had to edit the run command a bit.
Since my flow is now working, using the method explained in my last post in this thread, I'm afraid to mess with it again until we know this is fixed! I do have something else for you to try if you are still having issues. I like the variable idea, but it does leave some superfluous items in your flow. I'm picky about having things clean, and simple. You may consider trying this:
Use the same method with "Initialize Variable", but put the variable action AFTER the action where you need the parameter. Then, add the paramater created in the other action, and put it in the initialize variable action. Thus, your desired action is not dependent on the variable action. Save your flow. Do the add/readd in Powerapps, and see if your parameter shows. Then, go back to your flow, and delete the initialize variable command (which WILL delete because nothing depends on it), save, then check your powerapp to see if it works!
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.
Find out where you can attend!
Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!