cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Associate VSTS multiple identifies with the same Flow account

As a consultant, I have to (unfortunately) work with multiple Azure AD and Microsoft accounts to access multiple VSTS repos created by our clients. I understand that in an ideal world we'd use one Work ID federated using Azure B2B, and I aspire to see that day, but till then would it be possible to allow access to multiple VSTS identities from the same Flow account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Associate VSTS multiple identifies with the same Flow account

Hi @Anonymous,

No, at least currently I don't think this is possible.

Microsoft Flow use connections to access the corresponding Data with different services, for VSTS, if we would like to access the user data, we would need the correesponding user credentials.

Or saying in this way, the account used to query the data should have been given the proper access permission, and should be in the same organization when using the Get Data Action.

For different clients with different organization, we need add one action individually for it.

Connections in Microsoft Flow

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

No, at least currently I don't think this is possible.

Microsoft Flow use connections to access the corresponding Data with different services, for VSTS, if we would like to access the user data, we would need the correesponding user credentials.

Or saying in this way, the account used to query the data should have been given the proper access permission, and should be in the same organization when using the Get Data Action.

For different clients with different organization, we need add one action individually for it.

Connections in Microsoft Flow

Hope the information above is helpful.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your response. Based on your reply, I could actually accomplish my goal - I went in to the Connections view and created two different connections using different credentials. Now - I only wish Flow would let me customize the name of the connection, as I have two VSTS connections with exactly the same name and it'd be a bit trial and error when building the flow! Still - it works and thanks for clarifying.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 5,542 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: