cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prathyu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Bad Gateway Error 500 when using Online Excel

I have a flow that I setup recently, I am getting a Bad Gateway Issue when I am selecting Show Picker in List Of rows in a table

Prathyu_1-1599718316971.png

The error is :

when calling the ApiHubsRuntime API: 'Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.Entities.Exceptions.ProcessSimpleDataException: The ApiHubsRuntime API call failed with http status code 'BadGateway' and response content '{ "error": { "code": 500, "source": "firstrelease-001.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "12da7689-ed89-4cd9-b73d-01cc-920e975c", "message": "BadGateway", "innerError": { "error": { "code": "generalException", "message": "An unspecified error has occurred.", "innerError": { "date": "2020-09-10T06:10:56", "request-id": "2f69c77d-5f5f-4796-8291-6fd33aedfcd7", "client-request-id": "2f69c77d-5f5f-4796-8291-6fd33aedfcd7" } } } } }' at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<>c__DisplayClass52_0`2.<<CallAzureResourceManager>b__0>d.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1082488\repo\src\processsimple\Roles\ProcessSimple.Data\DataProviders\Services\AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.cs:line 577 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1092291\repo\src\common\core\algorithms\AsyncRetry.cs:line 0 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ResourceStack.Common.Algorithms.AsyncRetry.<Retry>d__3`1.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1092291\repo\src\common\core\algorithms\AsyncRetry.cs:line 171 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Azure.ProcessSimple.Data.DataProviders.AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.<CallAzureResourceManager>d__52`2.MoveNext() in X:\bt\1082488\repo\src\processsimple\Roles\ProcessSimple.Data\DataProviders\Services\AzureResourceManagerDataProvider.cs:line 0'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Prathyu Can you check if the problem is specific to the workbook? What happens when you create a new workbook, add a table and then try to look it up in Power Automate.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

@Prathyu In the source Excel file can you confirm if you have Table in the Excel File and please check if the Excel is not prmpting that is  locked up(or being in edited).

CFernandes_0-1599720471571.png

If you have a table and still facing the problem, just remove the connector action and re-add it. 

Sometimes the Error code 500 or 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient.  

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

I tried both thing you suggested, still I am seeing the same issue.

@Prathyu Can you check if the problem is specific to the workbook? What happens when you create a new workbook, add a table and then try to look it up in Power Automate.

View solution in original post

I am even not able to create a new Flow with any excel too, its not workbook specific. I am using the same flow for few months and never I faced this issue.

@Prathyu Seems to be something wrong with the connection, or your subscription.

Option 1 - 

Try to create a new connection and then see if it makes a difference. 

CFernandes_0-1599728685323.png

Option 2 - Try to 'Hardcode' (type) the name the name of the Table.

CFernandes_1-1599728737696.png

Please give the above a try. I hope it helps.

When I create a new flow, I am facing issue when a file needs to be selected. When I click on Show Picker I am getting below error.

Prathyu_0-1599730157777.png

@Prathyu We have tried almost everything, and you have also mentioned that it is not specific to Excel File, you also recreated the connection but still have the problem.

Can you please open a ticket with https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

They should be able to assist you and help you find the root cause of the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (81,930)