cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyDuke75
Level: Powered On

Bad Gateway

Flows were working up until 19 hours ago, no flows have run since then, I now get a bad gateway error, with the following: -

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "source": "europe-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "dbf49874-bd41-4c76-9727-8288d6edace5",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 500,
      "message": "Value does not fall within the expected range.\r\nclientRequestId: dbf49874-bd41-4c76-9727-8288d6edace5\r\nserviceRequestId: 9b68839e-7081-6000-3f28-e457108e5d25"
    }
  }
}

I have tried deleting the connectors for both Sharepoint and Outlook and recreating them but no success.

On test the flow fails immediately.

Bizarrely these failed runs do not show in the run history

image.png

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bad Gateway

Hi @TonyDuke75,

How is your flow created? Could you share a screenshot on your flow?

Are you now still having the issue on your side?

You said that the failed runs don’t show in the run history, could you check them by clicking See all?

I created a simple flow to send an email when a SharePoint item is added in a list, it worked fine and didn’t return any error message.

Error 502 means the failure is temporary or transient, please try to resubmit to try the flow again.

If you are still having the issue, please feel free post back. 

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
TonyDuke75

Hi Mabel,

Please find attached 3 images: -

1) Top section of flow

2) Overview of entire flow

3) Error

Capture 1.PNG1Capture 2.PNG2Capture 3.PNG3

Yes the issue still exists, no change at all.

Yes I did that, last run in the history is dated 9th August.

Well thats good, but as I said the flow was working for days with no problems and then it stopped, no changes were made it just stopped working.

I wouldnt say a failure that has now been occuring for over 3 days is temporary or transient, you are just telling me what it says in the troubleshooting guide, could you explain exactly how to resubmit, as there is no resubmit button, maybe share a screenshot? If you mean edit and save the flow I have probably done this around 100+ times, not very temporary or transient eh???

TonyDuke75

Also for your information I have just created a new flow that simply sends an email when an item is created or modified and this also fails...

TonyDuke75

Again for your information, if I change the List Name to a different list the flow does not fail, If I change it back the flow fails immediately with the Bad Gateway error...

TonyDuke75

Any Update??

grahampasmurf

I have the same issue, same error message.  BadGateway or Bad Gateway

It happens in the SharePoint Get item action.  My flow was working fine for many days until it simply stopped working about a week ago.  I tested using new flows and new lists and the same issue occurs.

More details:

“error”: {
“code”: 502,
“source”: “flow-apim-msmanaged-na-centralus-01.azure-apim.net”,
“clientRequestId”: “7efe60db-ed54-428a-b79c-201bbb8fb2a8”,
“message”: “BadGateway”,
“innerError”: {
“status”: 500,
“message”: “Value does not fall within the expected range.\r\nclientRequestId: 7efe60db-ed54-428a-b79c-201bbb8fb2a8\r\nserviceRequestId: 01b7849e-00ca-6000-4972-d018cc4386ac”

Also, in my “Get item” action I double-checked the list name & location is correct, the Id is simply 1, and it makes no difference if I select "All Items" view or “Limit Columns by View.”

I am going to assume this is a Microsoft bug that was introduced a week ago.  I will wait for it to be fixed, but I already developed a workaround.  I simply hard-coded in the data that I want, instead of calling it from a list.  Makes the flow less flexible but it still works.

Also, I learned something useful, and that is to use the "Configure run after" setting to allow my flow to continue even after the error.  I put my "Get item" and "Set variable" into a Scope box.  If anything in that Scope fails, the next action is configured to run regardless.  And the variable already had a default value.  Also make sure not to run your Set Variable if the Get Item fails.  Maybe this tip will help someone else out there.

stschilar

I am also having the same issue.  Bad Gateway error on my Sharepoint "when a new item is created" flow since yesterday 8/14.

When a new item is created, it does not show in the run history.

I tried rebuilding the flow, but that did not solve the issue.

EdgarB

I am having the exact issue. One of our Get Items step is limiting the columns by View because it has "too many lookup columns" so this completely broke my flow.

Care you elavorate in how you got it working? I am new to Flow and Sharepoint and I am in a deadline to get this corrected ASAP so I cant exactly wait for Microsoft to fix the bug.  

Its a simple command to just get all the items in the list and export the list via HTTP to another Flow to make an addition to a column. Here is what it looks like but since Sunday this week it stopped working.

2018-08-15 15_32_47-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Any help is appreciate it. 

Thank you! 

~Edgar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also experincing the same issue with a FLOW on an Update Item action. The flow ran successfully 2 weeks ago.

My runs do however detail the failed attempt in the history list though.

Has anyone logged a support call or received feedback on the issue?

Thanks,
Angela

stschilar

I have my IT Ops director submitting a ticket on my behalf today.  I will let you know if I find anything out!  

Sometimes it is nice to know I am not the only one having issues!

ParakramaDhanan

I also have the same issue. I think "Limit Columns by View" is not functioning properly 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So I received feedback from Microsoft on the support ticket logged. The issue is being ongoing with their Product Team and they offered me the following workaround which I tested and seems to have resolved my issue.

"to get past the error remove the All Items selection from the View Columns as highlighted value. Use backspace to remove the selection"

Capture.PNG

Angela

grahampasmurf

That seems to work.  I removed the Limit Columns by View and no more error.  Thanks!

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @TonyDuke75!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Anonymous‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!
TonyDuke75

Unfortunately that solution was not possible for my scenarion as the SharePoint list the flow was pointing to had around 30 lookup columns therefore removing the filter just created another problem.

Could you please confirm that the initial issue has now been resolved as my only solution to this problem was to stop using Flow and go back to using Workflows with SPD. 

I do now however have a requirement to use Flow properly to link to other applications but again the lists within SharePoint will have many Lookup Columns so I will need to use a filtered view within my flow.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,602)