cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KasperBoLarsen
Regular Visitor

Best practices for using Sharepoint search query from Flow

In order to replace a number of old workflows I am looking into changing from a per list approach to a search based approach. So the idea is that the search query should specify the content (across site collections and sites) that the Flow should handle. However I have not been able to find any references on how to approach using the SharePoint search API from Flow.

I doubt that this is cutting edge and find it more likely that it is due to my lackling in Binging it 😉

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ KasperBoLarsen,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Do you want to find any references on how to approach using the SharePoint search API from Flow?

Do you want the search query should specify the content (across site collections and sites) that the Flow should handle?

The feature is not supported in microsoft flow currently,I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,
Alice Zhang

Ofcourse it is possible to get Search results within your flow

You can achieve this by using the API connector of the SharePoint environment.

FlowSharePointSearch.PNG

But the JSON you get in return is not that very friendly and you have to parse it around in order to get object that are usable. Each result is not an object complete by properties, but is object will contain key/value pairs which you need to itterate in order to get the correct key and value

FlowSharePointSearchProperties.PNG

StevenDR
Frequent Visitor

Hi bonm014

I am too trying to get results from SP Search.

Can you elaborate on your previous post?

PS: I speak dutch, so a PM is possible too

Tnx!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,891)