cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_h
Level: Powered On

CSV -> Flow -> MS SQL

Hi guys, ich hope you can help me.

The generally question is: can flow import csv files to ms sql ?

I have build a power app which receives its data from an ms sql database. At the moment I receive every morning a csv file by email which will be imported by powershell bulkImport on an virtual system.

I do not want to use the virtual windows instance and try to figure out if it is possible to realize the Bild import with Microsoft Flow.

Maybe anyone did this before ? Any code snippets or things that will help me ? Or is this not possible ?

Thank you community, my Google an forum searches are not wävery successfully:-/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CSV -> Flow -> MS SQL

Hi @Marco_h,

Do you want to insert the data of CSV files into a SQL Table?

There is no way to analyze the data of a CSV file in Microsoft Flow currently, you could consider convert CSV files into Excel files manually and then we could insert the data of Excel files into a SQL table in Microsoft Flow.

If you have converted CSV files into Excel files, please take a try to insert data into a SQL Table with the following workaround:10.JPG

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Marco_h

Without autocorrect;-)

##################

Hi guys, ich hope you can help me.

The generally question is: can flow import csv files to ms sql ?

I have build a power app which receives its data from an ms sql database. At the moment I receive every morning a csv file by email which will be imported by powershell bulkImport on an virtual system.

I do not want to use the virtual windows instance and try to figure out if it is possible to realize the Bulk import with Microsoft Flow.

Maybe anyone did this before ? Any code snippets or things that will help me ? Or is this not possible ?

Thank you community, my Google and forum searches are not very successfully:-/
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Marco_h,

Do you want to insert the data of CSV files into a SQL Table?

There is no way to analyze the data of a CSV file in Microsoft Flow currently, you could consider convert CSV files into Excel files manually and then we could insert the data of Excel files into a SQL table in Microsoft Flow.

If you have converted CSV files into Excel files, please take a try to insert data into a SQL Table with the following workaround:10.JPG

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Marco_h

Thank you. This resolves the problem.
Highlighted
kana
Level: Power Up

Can you please explain, How to convert CSV files into Excel files Automatically..

Is there any option (or) connector available?

harsh_sharma
Level: Power Up

Hi Kris,

Is there any limit on Number of Rows that can be inserted in to the table at a time?

schlaufuchs

AO
juresti
Level 8

Hello, I think I can help you with this issue.

If you use a tab delimited file instead you can try this.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Cookbook/Read-tab-delimited-CSV-and-write-records/m-p/24645...

Super User
Super User

You can use Parse CSV action from Plumsail Documents connector. It allows you to convert CSV into an array and variables for each column. Please read this article demonstrating how it works.

Once you parsed CSV you can iterate through result array and use this data to insert into SQL table.

Hairy_Drumroll

Excel "Get Rows" action is not longer available.

Use "List Rows Present in a Table" instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,978)