cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GrippyGecko
Level: Power Up

Can't authenticate my O365 outlook account - first time user

Hello. This is my first time trying to use flow. I wanted to sync my outlook 365 calendar with my google calendar, for which flow has a handy template. As it is my first time using the flow website I signed in using my outlook email and password. That worked fine. When I came to set up the connection for google and outlook 365 though, the outlook half gave a 401 error and said access denied. I looked on the forum and in the troubleshooting document and that lead me to use the gear icon and look at my connections, and from there I found the outlook 365 page where it shows "this connection is not authenticated". Trying to update the password just spawns a little window showing my outlook account (the only one I have) and I show as signed in. Clicking on this achieves nothing. 

I have tried signing out and signing back in using my outlook password and the problem remains. The flow site shows me as signed into outlook but still says my account is unauthorised and I can't do anything with it. What am I missing? How do I get this done?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't authenticate my O365 outlook account - first time user

Hi @GrippyGecko,

From the doc on Office 365 Outlook connector, we know that there are known issues and limitations. It says that “If you see an error using the connector, please check that the REST API is enabled… Your administrator can learn how to migrate a mailbox here. Besides, if you are using an EWS application access policy, please ensure that the following user-agents are whitelisted: “LogicAppsDesigner/*","azure-logic-apps/*","PowerApps/*", "Mozilla/*

More details please check the link at here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/

Besides, please suggest the tenant admin to check if the “users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf” option in AAD is set to YES.  This option could be found under AAD>Users and groups>User settings>Enterprise applications.

Once the connection is created, you could check the status under Connections>Data will be showed as Connected.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @GrippyGecko,

What’s your current situation?

Is it working for you now?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GrippyGecko

Hi Mabel,

Unfortunately I couldn't really understand the first response post here. This is my first time trying to use flow, I don't work in a place with an IT department: I am a one man business. The sentence "Besides, please suggest the tenant admin to check if the “users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf” option in AAD is set to YES.  This option could be found under AAD>Users and groups>User settings>Enterprise applications." means nothing to me. Where is AAD? What is AAD? What is a tenant admin?

The current status is I just gave up on flow as it seems its just a thing for people who work in big companies with IT admin people who understand this jargon. I suppose if self employed people without computer science degrees want to sync their calanders they are bang out of luck eh?

Gabriel.

Rakrak

I have exactly the same problem.  Mabel's answer is not useful.  I just have a single instance of O365 as a home user.  There is no adminstrator and there is no tenancy.  I am the only user.  I am properly logged on. I have no trouble connecting to Google.  But the outlook parts says "not authenticated" and when one presses the fix button, it shows the signon already in effect -- when you reselect it you remain not authenticated.  This is just so frustrting.  Please propose a solution that will work.  Also, the request support page on flow does not work in Edge.  It will not accept characters.  From bad to worse.

Inglex

Hi @v-yamao-msft 

I have the same problem. Can you please help here. Your message was just a copy paste from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/ and it didn't help anybody.

I bought the Office 365 Home edition and I need to connect the calendar to the google calendar.

So what to do?

Thanks

Inglex

Swisslasse

Hi there,

I do have exactly the same problem and Google hasn't shown me an answer yet.

Your support is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Lars

AlfieR

I have the same problem, I am a home user, using the flow template for google  calendar -> outlook 365 - the google connection works fine, but the outlook365 connection keeps saying the connection is not authenticated

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,870)