cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheControlVoice
Level: Power Up

Cant get Columns from InfoPath Form Library (SharePoint Online)

I am trying to create a Flow for when a new file is created in an InfoPath form library. However, Flow does not seem to be able to detect any of the columns in the library. Also, the library does not show up as "a library" if I select "when a file is created" as the trigger. The only way Flow will see it is if i select "When a file is created in a folder" option. Again, once I do that, there are no available columns. Is Flow not compatible with InfoPath form libraries?

2 REPLIES 2
JanetB
Level: Powered On

Re: Cant get Columns from InfoPath Form Library (SharePoint Online)

I am having the same issue and wondering the same thing, if MS Flow and InfoPath Forms (even with the columns being promoted when saving a form) if there is an incompatibility between FLOW and INFOPATH 2013.  We have a very complicated form with a lot of logic in it, maybe it is too much for FLOW to handle?

I didn't see an answer on this.

Highlighted
rgbrasel
Level: Powered On

Re: Cant get Columns from InfoPath Form Library (SharePoint Online)

It's incompatible. Micro$oft has been kicking the InfoPath replacement can down the road since 2013 (or before), and PowerApps is not an adqeduate substitute for many reasons (no repeating sections, clunky form building interface). If you work for a company with enough money, I recommend getting Nintex Workflow (on prem or cloud) and Nintex Forms as a replacement. Microsoft has disappointed me many times in the past, but this failure to give us an adequate successor to InfoPath is baffling.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 4,904 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: