cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Data Connection for SharePoint Update Item bug

I need to change the data connection for my Flows that connect to SharePoint because the original domain of the account that was used is going to be removed.  I created a new account and can select it as the new connection for some actions (Get Items, Get List for example), but when I select a new connection for the Update Item action, the flow content disappears from the screen.  I saved the change just to see what happens and when I go back to edit it, the Update Item action is there, but the values that need to be updated are gone.  I can redo the action and the flow will run fine, but I really don't want to have to redo all the Update Item actions in all my Flows.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean after the connection is updated, is the content of the field configuration in Update item action removed?

I did the test on my side, which is consistent with what you described.

Because after updating the connection, the action will get the fields contained in the list according to the configured Site Address and List Name, so the previously displayed fields will be reset, and the previously configured content will be removed.

Create item action seems to be the same.

You could try to export the Flow as a .zip file and re-import it as a new Flow.

Note that when importing, you need to replace the connection with the expected one, instead of changing it after importing.

Image reference:

33.PNG

Please take a try and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean after the connection is updated, is the content of the field configuration in Update item action removed?

I did the test on my side, which is consistent with what you described.

Because after updating the connection, the action will get the fields contained in the list according to the configured Site Address and List Name, so the previously displayed fields will be reset, and the previously configured content will be removed.

Create item action seems to be the same.

You could try to export the Flow as a .zip file and re-import it as a new Flow.

Note that when importing, you need to replace the connection with the expected one, instead of changing it after importing.

Image reference:

33.PNG

Please take a try and see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-bacao-msft Thank you for the explanation of why the content of the field configuration is removed when changing the connection.  I will try your suggestion of exporting and importing.

It sounds like you are not experiencing the first issue I mentioned?  That as soon as I change the connection on an Update Item action, the flow boxes all disappear.  I can still see the top and side menus, but the middle of the screen is blank.  I can save and then go back in to edit it.  This happens on any Flow I've tried.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export/import works great to change the connection.  I was also able to change the original owner that way by importing using a different account.  @v-bacao-msft thank you!

Still the little bug with the screen going blank when manually changing the connection on an Update Item action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,363)