cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Change timezone and datatype

Hi,

1.I have flow which is connected to sharepoint and power bi.

I am receiving wrong timezone in Power bi  which is 1 hour ahead of actual time received at share point database.

Question: how to change timezone in Power bi?

2.Here received time format in Power bi is 12 hour format I Need time format in 24 hours for date/time column which is received from sharepoint to power bi

Question: how to change date/time column to 24 hours in flow?

3.How to Change decimal value to whole number in flow?

Thanks in Advance,

Soumya

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Change timezone and datatype

Try this

https://sharepointlibrarian.com/2017/10/29/convert-time-zones-in-power-bi-using-dax/

For changing DateTime use ConvertTimeZone function.

convertTimeZone(timestamp:string, sourceTimeZone:string,destinationTimeZone:string, format?:string)

Highlighted

Hi @xrm,

Thanks for your Response, The link which you send is working in Desktop I need this to be worked in power bi service. I am already having date/time column in sharepoint. When I receive the same data in Power Bi, date/time column receives 1 hour ahead of actual date/time in sharepoint.

Thanks in Advance,

Soumya 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Soumya,

Could you share the specific details of your Flow configuration?

Depending on the actual creation of your Flow, we may be able to give more targeted advice.

Q1:

I have not found a place to set TimeZone in the Power BI portal, you could try to set it directly in 0365 setting.

6.PNG8.PNG

You could also use addHours() function in the corresponding Date field to reduce the time difference when configuring Flow action.

Q2:

I want to know where you want to change the time format display time to 24 Hours format. As far as I know, the format of the time displayed in Flow is 24 Hours.

This may also be related to your settings. For Flow and Power BI, you could refer to the steps for setting TimeZone in Q1 and select 24 Hours in the Time Format option.

For Flow, you could also use the Expression-formatDateTime() function to modify the time format.

Q3:

Could you give an example of how you will need to convert data types?

What I understand is to remove the decimal point after the decimal value, leaving only the previous integer.

If so, you could refer to this method:

Expression:

int(first(split(string(outputs('Compose')),'.')))

17.PNG

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (9,789)