Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Changing connection triggers the flow

Hello together,

I tried to change the connection used by a trigger (when an item of a sharepoint list is created) of a flow. The list already has several items and the flow already got triggerd when those items were created. 

When I now change the connection used on the trigger, the flow gets triggered for all the items in the list. regardless if they are new or not. Is that an expected behaviour? How should i change the connection not having the flow triggered unless the items really are new?

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzandegiacomo ,

From your description, it seems that you are using SharePoint trigger When an item is created, it is based on Connection 1 at first, then you switch to Connection2.

The issue is that after changing to Connection2, the flow gets triggered for all the items in the list.

I have tried to reproduce this issue by creating a simple flow with trigger When an item is created, creating several items to trigger the flow first, then change the connection.

However, the issue you mentioned could not be reproduced. After I change to Connection2, the flow works as expected, it won’t be triggered until an item is created in the list.

By the way, the two users have the same edit permission to the same SharePoint list.

Please share more details on the flow and list to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel    

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mzandegiacomo ,

From your description, it seems that you are using SharePoint trigger When an item is created, it is based on Connection 1 at first, then you switch to Connection2.

The issue is that after changing to Connection2, the flow gets triggered for all the items in the list.

I have tried to reproduce this issue by creating a simple flow with trigger When an item is created, creating several items to trigger the flow first, then change the connection.

However, the issue you mentioned could not be reproduced. After I change to Connection2, the flow works as expected, it won’t be triggered until an item is created in the list.

By the way, the two users have the same edit permission to the same SharePoint list.

Please share more details on the flow and list to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel    

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @v-yamao-msft 
Thanks for replying. You are correct with the scenario. Here some more details: The flow is used by user A and using its connections to the sharepoint list. I add user B as additional owner to the flow. User B also has a sharepoint connection. I log of with user A and log on with user B. Then I switch the connection to the connection owned by user B. The flow gets triggered for all items in the list. Both users have the same permissions on the sharepoint list.  I have to log off with user A and log on with user B to setup and change the connection because we have single sign on in place and this is causing some issues working with different connections and users on the platform. I will try to repoduce once more by myself but hopefully my details help so far.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @v-yamao-msft 

I tried to reproduce the issue in our DEV environment and it looks that i am also not able to reproduce it on DEV. I will give it another try on PROD to see if it works out but it could take a while until i come back with a feedack.

Martin

Highlighted

Hello @v-yamao-msft 

I am also not able to reproduce the issue again. So it seems to be resolved, which is good. But i am still wondering what was the problem but I guess we will not find out then.

Thanks for your help!

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (9,520)