cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuckFeris2

Checking Data in a Table Fails

So this is one of those things about Power Automate that makes me want to stop using it. Getting someone's email address is the worlds biggest pain when it doesn't have to be. The way I usually do it is to simply make a table with two columns, the name of the person and their email. And yes, they are spelled correctly. This works every time. Until now.

coordinator.png

This part of the flow checks this table and fails every time:

wrong.png

There is a drop down in the form where you pick the coordinator whose work you are checking. The drop down answers coincide with employee Display Names. I check the table for a row looking for the Display Name, and then I grab the email address in the next column. I have done this on countless other flows and now this one is not working. To isolate mistakes I even copied a flow that works already in exactly the same way, changed all the tables, and it still doesn't work.

Has something changed? Have they made it even harder to work with Display Names? If I ever pause one of my other flows that works in exactly the same way, is it going to break and stop working?

1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Community Champion
Community Champion

Check your key value - this will be case sensitive. Below tom and Tom return different results:

ekarim2020_0-1629017526126.png

Ellis

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,531)