cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking if email has attachment

I want to direct the flow depending on if there is an attachment or not. For the life of me I have not been able to get the condition to work. This is my setting (image below).

I have tried HasAttachment is equal to fx true (like in the image), true, 'true', True, 'True', 

I have tried HasAttachment is not null, is not false, and 

I've read every post I can find on the subject.

Setting.PNG

This is the result

Flow Results.PNG

As you can see there is an attachment, yet the expression result is false.. I have wasted a day on this, researching and trying everything. What I did find is that the "older" condition builder gives more reliable results (when I was also trying to filter on PDF attachments). The newer version is a waste of time. The results is always false, regardless. If I remove the filter, the flow works.

Please what am I doing wrong?

This is the entire flow

Wholething.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@ninjamum 

What I can see is that there is an unexpected character "{ ", at least when add such output from the 'dynamic content menu'

Flow_HasAttachment.png

I also had problems with this output in the past, so I tend to eveluate presence/absence of attachments by means of this second approach:

Flow_HasAttachment_2.png

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@ninjamum 

What I can see is that there is an unexpected character "{ ", at least when add such output from the 'dynamic content menu'

Flow_HasAttachment.png

I also had problems with this output in the past, so I tend to eveluate presence/absence of attachments by means of this second approach:

Flow_HasAttachment_2.png

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

I am indebted to you. The curly bracket was the problem. I didn't put it there, I would never have thought to: the system did when I added it from dynamic content menu. I was able to remove it because I was using a template that used the "old" filter format which allows the Edit in Advanced Mode.

Thank you!

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Glad to help! I also got into trouble sometimes because old templates, or old posts. Since Power Automate evolves for better, we have to accept this little risk.

my humble suggestion is to mark this topic as "Solved" by clicking "Accept as a solution". THis way others facing a similar problem can find a solution faster.

Flow_AcceptSolution.png

Thanx for making this community great!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,049)