cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankZappa1984
Level: Power Up

Connecting Flow to Copy Files from a Shared File on OneDrive for Business

Hi Folks,

Our company has recently switched back from Dropbox to OneDrive for Business and I'm having trouble fixing a Flow that I had setup to copy files from a Dropbox Folder to a Sharepoint Folder everytime something is modified.

The Dropbox folder is now in OneDrive and has been shared with me BUT I cannot find this directory when I go to setup the Flow. Is there something I'm missing or is this not possbile?

Thanks,

F

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connecting Flow to Copy Files from a Shared File on OneDrive for Business

Hi @FrankZappa1984,

Could you please share screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about your issue and the error message when your flow run failed?

If you want to copy the folder with files from OneDrive for Business to Sharepoint Folder,I afraid there is no any way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Copying a folder from OneDrive for Business to Sharepoint Folder is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

If you want to copy the file from OneDrive for Business to Sharepoint Folder when a file is modified in a folder in OneDrive for Business,you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

Note:

You couldn't use the "Copy file" action to copy fild from OneDrive for Business to sharepoint,ypou could use the "Create file" action to acheive your needs.

Best regards,

Alice

FrankZappa1984

There are no error messages and nothing to show in Flow because I cannot select the OneDrive for Business folder I want to copy on Sharepoint.

Sounds like this isn't possible as I'm not the folder owner, it's only been shared with me.

I'll have to ask the folder owner to setup a Flow from their account to sync to the Sharepoint site. I know this works as I've done that with some files in my OneDrive for business account.

Cheers,

Jacob

AppleDog13

Hi FrankZappa1984, just curious if you ever discovered a flow for copying from a "shared with me" folder? 

I am running into the exact situation, were we used to use Dropbox but now OneDrive, and I can not set up a Flow to copy the file from the shared folder to a different folder. 

Thanks for the help. 

FrankZappa1984

I just had the colleague whom had shared the file with me setup a flow. That got around all the hassle of needing keep that folder synced on my machine just to have a flow pick it up and move it around.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,265)