cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hannahd
Level: Powered On

Connecting Flow to Microsoft Teams SharePoint Library

I am trying to create a simple approval workflow using Flow.  This workflow needs to be manually started, not initiated automatically when a document is added.  This Flow needs to be on a document library that is behind a Teams team (it's not on a regular SharePoint site).  When I am trying to build the Flow, the SharePoint dropdown auto-populates with URLs from my main SharePoint site collection.  I select to enter a custom value and input the URL for the SharePoint site that is behind the Team (https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/sites/teamname).  I get no option to chose for the Library dropdown, so I input a custom name (I have tried both Documents and Shared Documents).  I build out the rest of my Flow.  It saves and I see it the Flows page.  However, I do not see it as an available flow on the SharePoint site.  When I try to hit Test Flow, I see a message "This flow cannot be triggered for testing".

Can anyone confirm that Flows can be applied to SharePoint libraries behind Team sites?  If so, what am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connecting Flow to Microsoft Teams SharePoint Library

Hi @hannahd,

According to your description, I created a flow using the trigger When a file is created. In the Site address, click the Enter custom value, entering the URL for the SharePoint site that is behind the Team. In the List Name field, click Enter custom value, entering Documents manually.

I uploaded a file for testing, it did trigger the flow and it ran successfully. I also tried to click the Test you mentioned, but it didn’t return any error message.

1.PNG2.PNG

It also works for the trigger When a file is created in a folder.

3.PNG

Please take this for a reference and try again with it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Connecting Flow to Microsoft Teams SharePoint Library

Hello, @hannahd!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Power Automate Community Manager
Are YOU a member of your local Power Automate User Group?
Fill out This Form to claim your Community User Group Member Badge!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,625)