cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimpL

Connecting MS Excel to MS todo

Hi everyone,

I would like to make am excel file automation to MS todo. The excel file contains an email, date of creation, end date, and a few other columns with data.

What i would like to do, if the file gets updated online, then for every line the automation gets the 2 dates and makes a new todo entry, for ebery row that is inserted.

I tried to do this into outlook calendar but thats not a solution, at least i dont know where to go from there.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If yes then how?

Thank you in advance.

SimpL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
powercorner
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @SimpL ,

I dont think that a solution like this build on excel is a good solution at all. 

But you could store the excel in SharePoint or Onedrive and react on the change of the file.

powercorner_0-1622742435508.png

You could then grab the Excel and read it line by line and create todo list items.

powercorner_2-1622742551040.png

With regards
Kevin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
powercorner
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @SimpL ,

I dont think that a solution like this build on excel is a good solution at all. 

But you could store the excel in SharePoint or Onedrive and react on the change of the file.

powercorner_0-1622742435508.png

You could then grab the Excel and read it line by line and create todo list items.

powercorner_2-1622742551040.png

With regards
Kevin

View solution in original post

Hy powercorner.

Thy for the answer, im currently trying to fine tune your suggestion. The main problem was i haven't created the excel with power automate, so it was not usable. But after I recreated it and did what you suggested I think its gonna work.

Thx again.

SimpL

Hey @SimpL ,

you are very welcome! 
I am glad I could help you.

If you have any problems in future (PowerApps or PowerAutomate) you can just reference me in you future posts 🙂
Just type @powercorner and add me to your question 🙂

powercorner_0-1623578305709.png

With regards
Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,527)