cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David54
Frequent Visitor

Connecting flow to business central (on-premises)

Good evening!

I'm trying to connect power automate (flow) with business central (on-premises). However I get an error saying "error testing the connection". I use the same URL as for Power BI, which works fine. 

image.png

Does anyone has an idea? Is there a difference in connecting power bi and flow with BC on prem? 

David

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Connecting flow to business central (on-premises)

Hi @David54 

If your current gateway either in personal mode, which applies to Power BI only.

Types of gateways

There are two different types of gateways, each for a different scenario:

• On-premises data gateway allows multiple users to connect to multiple on-premises data sources. You can use an on-premises data gateway with all supported services, with a single gateway installation. This gateway is well-suited to complex scenarios with multiple people accessing multiple data sources.

• On-premises data gateway (personal mode) allows one user to connect to sources, and can’t be shared with others. An on-premises data gateway (personal mode) can be used only with Power BI. This gateway is well-suited to scenarios where you’re the only person who creates reports, and you don't need to share any data sources with others.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-reference

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install

Looks like you have a personal gateway specifically for Power BI. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
David54
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connecting flow to business central (on-premises)

thanks, @abm 

We are using the OData functionality that comes along with business central. The OData link is provided by business central for web services. Other users can connect too with their own username and web service key using the same url in PowerBi. 

Since I'm not getting an authentication error, I guess the web service url, I have to enter must be different from that in Power BI..? 

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,903)