cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AIUYM19
Helper V
Helper V

Connecting to Excel data while in read-only mode

I need to regularly pull some data from an Excel table in SharePoint. The owner of the file has it set to read-only mode within Excel, but the file itself is not read-only. When I try to use the Get Rows action in Power Automate, it throws an error when I try to select a table from the dropdown list. I thought if I copied the file to a new location, it would work, but I am getting the same error on the new file, because the Excel-side read-only property is still there.

How can I connect Power Automate to this workbook, so it will run some analysis and produce a report on a schedule?

I found this thread, but it's a year old, and I think the file itself was read-only, not in an Excel setting like this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@AIUYM19 Unfortunately this still can't be done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@AIUYM19 Unfortunately this still can't be done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

enigma2enigma
Frequent Visitor

Hi AIUYM19, Were you able to figure any workaround to the issue? If yes, could you share.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,414)