cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Connecting to SharePoint in on premise Azure environment

I read a a post from 2017 that the SharePoint connector only supports windows and basic authentication types.  Is that still true?  I'm working with a customer who is using Azure AD and MFA in their on premise SharePoint environment.  How do I connect to to their data in this environment?  Are there any workarounds?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mfriedenberg ,

Yes, SharePoint Online currently supports Basic authentication type, on-premises SharePoint 2013 or 2016 supports windows authentication type, but requires On-Premises Data Gateway.

Please refer to the Online doc for more details on the SharePoint connector.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sharepointonline/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I appreciate the response but you didn't answer the question.

We're talking about SharePoint on premise and as I said we do have an an On-Premises Data Gateway.  

2 questions:

Does the On-Premise Data Gateway support a Trusted Identity Provider such as Azure AD.

If so, when setting up the connection how do you configure the Authentication Type.  The only option is Windows.  How does that field get populated.

Thanks

Michael

Hi @mfriedenberg ,

As far as I know, if we create a connection with on-premises data in MS Flow, the currently supported authentication method is only Windows.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,635)