Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desreed
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to trello json file

Hi all,

I'm a flow newbie, so go easy Smiley Happy

I've built a PowerBI report connecting to the json file from a trello board (using this excellent tutorial here). It works great, but involves manually downloading the json file to update it. 

The way I do the download is to use the URL from my trello board, with a '.json' at the end. I can then save that page as a json file and point my power BI report to that.  It works perfectly.  But it's still manual, so I'd like to automate it, but I'm struggling.

Any help on how I could get flow to regularly get the json file and save it (either to onedrive or sharepoint) that would be really great.  I could then schedule the PowerBI refresh as normal.

Thanks in advance 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Connecting to trello json file

Hi @desreed ,

Please try using HTTP action to get JSON File.

• Fill the URL of the file in the URI field and use Get method to get the file content.
  • Then consider storing the file in OneDrive and setting up a scheduled refresh.

Image reference:

56.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
desreed
Frequent Visitor

Hi Barry @v-bacao-msft 

Thanks for the advice.  I had tried that before posting, but have tried again and checked through with the details you've kindly given in your advice.  Unfortunately it fails.  For the HTTP step, I get an error message:

Body : Unauthorised permission requested

Does flow have different levels of access for different accounts?  e.g. is the http step something that you need a higher level of microsoft account to access?  If so, that may be it.  I don't know what level access I have as it's through the organisation I work for in the UK.

Thanks again for your advice so far.

Derek

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @desreed ,

I tested it on my side. If the Board are private, I can't get the data.

For reference, the board I used for testing here is public.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
desreed
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Barry , @v-bacao-msft 

The board I have is a private one.  I'm guessing that's the issue then with this solution.

Does anyone know of a way to get the data from a private board in an automated way?  I don't have a paid-for subscription to trello, just the free service.

Thanks

Derek

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (4,614)