cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbroadberry

Connection to Outlook.com keeps becoming invalid

I have a flow that creates a task in a specific MS To-Do list when an email with a specific subject is recevied. It then deletes the email.

It sets up fine, tests work and even works as expected with the triggers. However, after some time period the connection to Outlook.com becomes invalid and so the flow stops working.

If I log back in and re-connect the connector everything works fine again for a while until the connection becomes invalid again.

Has anybody else had this problem? Am I missing a setting or something that keeps the connection live?

The flow and email inbox being used in the flow belong to the same account, as does the list that the flow creates an item in.

Any clues on how to fix or toubleshoot this very welcome as I'm a bit stumped.

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
alrez
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Generally connections can become invalid if something is done to change the permissions or the pathways for the connection. If you are certain that this is not the case then I am not certain what is going on. Not being able to reproduce the issue consistently really hinders troubleshooting. I would suggest grabbing screenshots and opening a case on this. I'll include a link below; if you would like to delve farther into this I'll include a link below on how to create a case.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the prompt response.

In the process of getting screenshots I noticed there was some info in the response from the invalid connection. Does any of the elow help diagnose the problem?

Header

{

"x-ms-failure-cause""apihub-token-exchange",

"x-ms-apihub-cached-response""false",

"Date""Fri, 17 Apr 2020 07:33:29 GMT",

"Content-Length""558",

"Content-Type""application/json"

}

Body message

"Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and outlook is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthorized, Message: 'Failed to refresh access token for service: oauth2generic. Correlation Id=4b02957e-f5b8-40ad-93c5-cde943ace3f5, UTC TimeStamp=4/17/2020 7:33:29 AM, Error: Missing refresh token.']"

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,681)