cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kyleb350
Level: Powered On

Connections breaking with Failed to Fetch errors

I have several Excel Update Rows in a flow. After noticing they did not run and catching them error, I went back into my flow to open the steps and see "Failed to fetch". I've come across this multiple times and when opening the options menu, it says "Invalid connection", so I repair it. 

I'm not sure why this regularly occurs. Not sure if it's a setting at the tenant level breaking them or if it is at a higher level.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kyleb350

Re: Connections breaking with Failed to Fetch errors

I discovered the issue as I was rebuilding the flow out in my Excel update/add row steps.

If at any time any of the header fields are renamed in the tables you are referencing, be sure to update them in the steps (as they will not update automatically). The same goes with fields you are adding/modifying to.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kyleb350 ,

I occasionally encounter the "Failed to fetch" problem, but it is not common. This seems to be only a temporary problem, and refreshing the page generally can eliminate this problem. Does this issue occur frequently on your side?

In addition to "Invalid connection", you can try to delete the previous connection and then add a new connection again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ceedeebee

Literally in the same situation as you are at the moment. I've got pretty sizeable flows and they still seem to be failing even though I've gone through and re-connected all of them.

Errors.JPG

kyleb350

Mine has about 25 steps. I have a switch statement with 7 cases and different update row statements on each. I write to an error log after the step if it fails, and noticed it's failing every time. I used to get this occasionally, but I am receiving this every time I open the flow and click on the step to see details.

I originally thought it might have been due to protecting my worksheets limiting the flow access to the full table columns but it's still doing that despite removing that.

ceedeebee

My solution for the moment is to do to data -> connectors and only have a single connection to each service i.e one account to use for sharepoint, outlook 365 integration etc.

From there whichever connection seems to have an issue will be refreshed from the data screen rather than from within the flow. 

kyleb350

I discovered the issue as I was rebuilding the flow out in my Excel update/add row steps.

If at any time any of the header fields are renamed in the tables you are referencing, be sure to update them in the steps (as they will not update automatically). The same goes with fields you are adding/modifying to.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,345)