cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Converting MS Forms date picker output to write to Sharepoint List with column type Date

Hi all,

I'm sure this is quite obvious but I just can't seem to crack it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

As the subject might suggest, I'm trying to write a Flow that takes data from a Form and writes it to a Sharepoint list. 

What I am trying to do is use the formatDateTime function to take the data from the Date Picker on the form and use the output to update a Sharepoint list item that was created at the start of the flow using the Text fields from the form as they didn't need any additional processing. The target Sharepoint column type is Date & Time.

Here is a screenshot of the relevant part of the Flow. The Dynamic Content field in the Input of the Compose action is the relevant Form field: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.32.59.png

This fails with the following error message:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.34.22.png

I'm perturbed by the fact that the Compose action seemingly has the same input and output:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.38.36.png

As I say, I'm sure the solution is reasonably straightforward, so if anyone could advise I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks,

James.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesFox ,

You don’t need to format the date from the submission, you could fill this date in the date field of the item directly.

47.PNG

Besides, we should edit expression in Expression editor, then apply it to the field. And the format should be MM/dd/yyyy.

46.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesFox ,

You don’t need to format the date from the submission, you could fill this date in the date field of the item directly.

47.PNG

Besides, we should edit expression in Expression editor, then apply it to the field. And the format should be MM/dd/yyyy.

46.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (7,943)