Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Could Not Determine Type Error

Hi There,

I am trying to update a D365 entity row using a Power Automate flow. This update will connect one entity to another, but I’m not using the ‘Relate’ step as I don’t think it’s appropriate. I have overcome an error regarding a missing ‘segment’ that is mentioned here :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Community-Blog/Resource-not-found-for-the-segment...

But I’m now getting a message : “Could not determine type” during the update action.

I’m using the current CDS / Dataverse connector as far as I can tell. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I may have duplicated this post - apologies if so.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

Problem solved! I'm afraid to say it was a Rookie mistake (although I *am* a Rookie) - we have multiple environments and I was pulling data from one environment and attempting to update tables in another. Once I recreated the Flow in the same environment as the data I was pulling / updating, all went as expected. Thanks for all the input and apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

I should probably point out that I am trying to update a GUID lookup column - not sure if that will help at all?

ajayan
Frequent Visitor

Could you share the screenshot of the attribute mapping? when you use the CDS (Current connector) to reference an attribute, it should be in '/{EntitySetName}/{RecordId}' format.

ajayan_0-1616453731912.png

You can get the EntitySetName using metadata browser (in Xrm toolbox) or CDS webapi.

Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

This is how I'm mapping the attribute:

Serviced2000_0-1616454548480.png

I have tried this way too:

Serviced2000_1-1616454586997.png

But got the same "Could not determine type" error - the raw input for this last step is :

{
    "host": {
        "connectionReferenceName""shared_commondataserviceforapps",
        "operationId""UpdateRecord"
    },
    "parameters": {
        "entityName""crimson_vacancies",
        "recordId""6355d8bf-c58a-eb11-b1ac-002248155a1a",
        "item/mercury_agreementid@odata.bind""/mercury_agreements/9f441588-6be3-ea11-a814-00224814f90e"
    }
}

Thanks!

Serviced2000
Helper III
Helper III

Hi Everyone,

Problem solved! I'm afraid to say it was a Rookie mistake (although I *am* a Rookie) - we have multiple environments and I was pulling data from one environment and attempting to update tables in another. Once I recreated the Flow in the same environment as the data I was pulling / updating, all went as expected. Thanks for all the input and apologies if I wasted anyone's time.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,467)