cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wan237
Frequent Visitor

Could not get file content from File System Connector

I've the requirement to read .json file from Automated Cloud Flow using File System Connector . The process of making connection went smooth but accessing file is point of issue. We are using Azure AD

Whenever I try to access the files it throws this exception

Spoiler
The dynamic invocation request failed with error: { "status": 403, "message": "The credentials for this connection do not have access to '', please try using a different location or account.\r\nclientRequestId: b6ba84ae-7906-4168-ae96-0b91-b1734d21", "error": { "message": "The credentials for this connection do not have access to '', please try using a different location or account." }, "source": "filesystem-ukw.azconn-ukw-01.p.azurewebsites.net" }.

image.png

System Details:

OS Build : 19041.804

On-Premises data Gateway Version:  3000.68.15 (December 2020 - Release 3)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wan237
Frequent Visitor

I figured out the issue. I was trying to access local storage from Cloud Flow, Everything was set-up correctly and Connection and On-Premises Data way was updated and in working state.

We are using Azure AD Active directory for Identity management of our Systems and Cloud was trying to make system to system connection but AzureAD was making issues.

So We created a local user account (detached from AzureAD and give him access to shared folder), Now Using that user account we can access files. There was no issue with File System Connector or Connection Configurations

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @wan237 

I got the same error as yours before.

And I found out that it's because I used a wrong connection for the action using connector 'File System'.

The 'File system' connector is used to get the local files in your local computer.

For more info about 'File system' connector: File System - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

If you want to use 'File System' connector, then please install a on-premises data gateway using your own email address. And please make sure you install on-premises data gateway (not personal mode).

For more info about installing on-premises data gateway: What is an on-premises data gateway? | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Kira Xie
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Actually we are trying to access file from local computer from Flow and Gateway is good to go. Here is how I'm creating connection. We are using AzureAD and not on any domain

wan237_0-1613728736636.png

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @wan237 

So you will need to install on-premises data gateway, otherwise you couldn't get local file using Power Automate.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I actually have installed On-Premises Data gateway on my PC

v-yiwenxie-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @wan237 

If you want to use 'File system' to get your local files, then you will need to use your own email address for the connection and when you installs on-premises data gateway, you also need to use your own email address.

Also, the region of the gateway should be your environment's area, otherwise the gateway won't work.

Best Regards,

wan237
Frequent Visitor

I figured out the issue. I was trying to access local storage from Cloud Flow, Everything was set-up correctly and Connection and On-Premises Data way was updated and in working state.

We are using Azure AD Active directory for Identity management of our Systems and Cloud was trying to make system to system connection but AzureAD was making issues.

So We created a local user account (detached from AzureAD and give him access to shared folder), Now Using that user account we can access files. There was no issue with File System Connector or Connection Configurations

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,488)